The Bottom Leaf Fell of! There is now just a stub were the leaf was. A Stub! That was a slightly disappointing development. I guess that is is alright though; it seems to be a healthy plant otherwise and in a year or two or three or nine it might fruit if I propagate or expose it to Bees...This going to be so sweet!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
My Orange Tree
A few months ago, when my sister went on a business trip to Florida, she brought me home a small orange plant. This made me happy. I really like to keep house plants. I have a Fred Myers tea plant bonsai, the orange plant and a pot that has baby's tears and a variegated corn-sort grass plant. I have some fun taking care of the plants, watering them, doing a little pruning. You know, the simple joys of plant life. Anyway, the other day after breakfast I went to check if they needed water, and noticed something horribly wrong with the orange plant. This is a photo of it when I had first potted it:
And Here is what it looks like now:
Besides the Growth, can you notice anything different? (by the way, the dead bonsai to the right is my brothers--It died because he thought that I was taking care of it and I thought that he was taking care of it...woops). The thing that is different is not the hole in the broad leaf... that was there when I took it out of the plastic bag. Here's another picture in case you haven't figured out the issue I had that fateful morning:
The Bottom Leaf Fell of! There is now just a stub were the leaf was. A Stub! That was a slightly disappointing development. I guess that is is alright though; it seems to be a healthy plant otherwise and in a year or two or three or nine it might fruit if I propagate or expose it to Bees...This going to be so sweet!
The Bottom Leaf Fell of! There is now just a stub were the leaf was. A Stub! That was a slightly disappointing development. I guess that is is alright though; it seems to be a healthy plant otherwise and in a year or two or three or nine it might fruit if I propagate or expose it to Bees...This going to be so sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
After reading this post, I felt like I just finished reading an old man blog.
I think that you are right George...I am basically a pensioner. But I will point out one basic difference between what I wrote and what a truly old man would write. I mentioned the future in a way that was semi-hopeful, you just don't see this amongst the old people of today.
Post a Comment