Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Wear My Sunglasses...in the Basement

It is really hard to type in sunglasses...I went to the optometrist today, because it had been a very long time since I had been to one, and I was starting to get annoyed at the fact that I couldn't see very far very well out of my left eye (my right eye has really good sight as far as distance goes, so when I don't correct it, I use my left eye to read and my right eye to see distance). Anyway, at the end of my appointment I guess the doctor Dilated my eyes...this is the first time I had been to this particular eye doctor and had I have had a similar procedure done but never with the eye drops to make my pupil grow to the size of a nickel...I have spent most of the day in my basement with the blinds down, I even pinned a blanket over the window that is above the door (the door that is right next to my bedroom that I have affectionately termed "the batcave exit"). Anyway, I am wearing the cheap sheet of plastic sunglasses that they gave to me in the optometrist's office because my pupils are huge and let in a ridiculous amount of light. So much light, that right now, sitting in my basement, if I move the sunglasses from in front of my eyes it looks like the I am sitting in the Gobi...so to avoid that I am wearing the sunglasses. And plus, the sunglasses make me feel cool...real cool.

No comments: