Tuesday, September 9, 2008
The auditions for HMS Pinafore were today. My audition was at 4:15. That gave me an hour between the time that school finished and when my audition started. I was going to spend that time in the band room in a practice room playing my tuba (I am working on a solo [the Haddad, Suite for Tuba---it is intense] and getting my scales tied down so when it comes time to audition and be [hopefully] offered some money for a very expensive college education, I can maybe get some money). Instead, I just hung out with some of my friends in the drama room and wasn't very productive. It was pretty enjoyable though. I also brewed a bit of Maté for my wait. My anticipation started to build as the moments passed. I hummed a little to warm up my voice. The anticipation continued to build. I solicited hugs from random people. The anticipation built. I feared the Reaper (even though the Blue Oyster Cult tells me not to). The anticipation built some more. By the time that it was my turn to do the audition, I had a tower of anticipation. Or better yet, a water slide-ladder of anticipation. I rode the water slide of anticipation all the way down to the pool as I started my audition. The Metaphorical Swimming Pool was chilly-chill and refreshing, not clorinated like literal public pools. My audition went pretty darn well. I love to audition, it is a great feeling...and now I get to ride the water slide of waiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment