My mom just decided out of the blue to buy a trampoline...we found a great deal on it, and me and my sister got to put it together...by the time we were done putting it together my back hurt too much to be able to jump on it...it was thoroughly disappointing.
That was two weekends ago. Last weekend all of my siblings and I were together for the first time in a long time...it doesn't happen very often, but when it does it is pretty rad. I am the youngest in the family, so much so that on Saturday, about 10:30 (after my cousin's wedding reception), when we started to jump on our new tramp I was the only one under 22. Well, that is not entirely true, Tony turns 22 this weekend---happy b-day tony!
We had fun, hiding from mom, having "Back-up" competitions (where you fall onto your back and jump back to your feet multiple times in rapid succession), trying to steal each other's jump, and playing crack the egg. All of these activities had a somewhat nostalgic nature. It was a blast...except for crack the egg.
You know that one, it is a classic, albeit a classic that is fraught with danger. One guy sits in the middle of the tramp, with his legs and arms tucked tightly into his body, so that his general shape resembles that of an egg. The others on the tramp jump wildly about him, trying to get him to abandon his egg-like position. I was the first to attempt the egg...bad choice. I gave up a fight; I was like a prize fish that is now hanging on the billiards room wall of some well-to-do sportsman (except, I like to think that I smell better---of course the fish has been to a taxidermist, but still). My siblings jumped and with their decent I popped up into the air with a sudden violence. This happened twice, thrice, four times! and on the fifth my head came down first. I could tell that this was not going to end up alright. CRACK! My nose and my knee danced, and one of them never learned the steps. Surprisingly, I started to laugh at this, "Oh my goodness...I haven't...been hit...that...hard on my nose...in a...long time." My siblings had another nostalgic moment as they asked me whether I was laughing or crying...man, that hurt.
We also came up with a new game. You should try it too*. It doesn't involve any pain...that I know of*. You get an adult like person to lay down on his back on a sturdy quilt (or similar object) and have four other adult like people grab each corner. At the same time, All four of the "blanket holders" start to jump and kinda lift the blanket. This causes the person in the center to experience a pretty sweet sensation...it is really sweet. It also causes spontaneous laughter, But don't take my word for it (I love to use crappy infomercial clichés)...Just Try It!
*Please do not sue me. This is just a suggestion. Anything you do or do not do is up to you. I eat medium and medium-rare steaks. If I die because my steak was not completely done, oh well, I hate overdone steak.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment